Unbalanced tyres can lead to uneven wear, vibration, and potentially unsafe driving conditions.
When the experts at IATT balance your wheels, they are helping to ensure that your tyres are spinning around as evenly as possible, which is important for optimal driving performance.
Wheel-balance service includes:
- Tyre and wheel removal
- Mounting each wheel on a state-of-the-art balancing machine
- Spinning each wheel to make sure the weight of the wheel and tyre are balanced evenly around the axle
- Detecting and locating any imbalance
- Attaching a lead weight on the opposite side of the tyre to compensate for weight differences
- Remounting tyres and wheels
Why is balancing my wheels important to my vehicle's performance?
Day-to-day tyre Treadwear causes changes in the distribution of weight around the tyre and wheel assembly. Balancing your wheels minimizes potential vibration felt in the steering wheel, seat, or floorboard and aids in proper tyre Treadwear. Getting your wheels balanced can result in:
- A smoother ride
- Reduced tyre wear
- Enhanced drive-train components